Every act of kindness calls for a
compensation. It could be direct or indirect at some point. It’s something
difficult to leave behind and take solely for granted. Being of two minds, able
to make options on such matter, we usually forget how significant it is to show
our gratitude to each good favor done for us, as if it’s a heavy load to
practice our tongues in uttering these simple but meaningful words, “thank you”. Relating
this concept to my personality might give me more than a shot, a very big “BANG!”.
Honestly, I’m one of those guys who stay mute after receiving kindness from the
people around.
I was once blind of how certain people exert
extra effort for the ease of my existence. The worst thing was, I had not recognized
their sacrifices just for my sake that my unfulfilled demands caused me to
selfishly curse them for not completing such. Did I ever think of how much
burden I laid on both of their shoulders just to get everything I want or did I
ever express my thankfulness for them, for their sweats and efforts? The very
persons I am referring to are my parents.
Since the day I was born, my parents
never get out of my side. They showed me so much love that when I was a kid, even
a single mosquito couldn’t taste my fresh blood and harm me. I was like more
than a precious gem that no one can take away from them. When I was sick, they’re
stuck with sleepless nights, so much concerned of me. As I grew older, as my
needs started to increase, they did not refrain in providing me such, maybe not
totally but of the best that they could amidst our hardships. They even engaged to some sort of “utang”
just to see me wearing smile and satisfied.
As years passed, my worldly nature aroused building a gap between me and them. It’s so nice of me talking back to
them as if I could feed myself, right? I was bound with illusions and obsessions and blinded with the material world. They gambled their lives to provide my needs in all the aspects of my being, yet I
just considered everything as easy as A-B-C regardless of how they felt and kept
longing for more. That was something so
obscene and very disrespectful. Imagine, my mother cried not just once because of me, because of my rudeness. I may be filled with much immaturity to act
like that until certain circumstances converted me and made me realized that I
am nothing without them. Fortunately, I was enlightened.
My parents are the ones who gave colors to my whole existence. Without them, I will not attain this kind of life I have now. They’re the pillar of my strength and in their absence, I am the weakest among the creeping creatures. They are the wind beneath my wings that drive me to soar high and search for my worth for me to become fully a human. MY LIFE is them and they are MY LIFE .
My parents are the ones who gave colors to my whole existence. Without them, I will not attain this kind of life I have now. They’re the pillar of my strength and in their absence, I am the weakest among the creeping creatures. They are the wind beneath my wings that drive me to soar high and search for my worth for me to become fully a human. MY LIFE is them and they are MY LIFE .
Recalling those odd moments
subjects me to a feeling of regret. Indeed, I couldn’t deny the fact that
during these times I’m still having a bit of that filthy attitude and commit
the same mistake but I’m pretty sure that this time, it’s not as worse as
before. Perhaps, I once stopped saying “thank you” to them but thanks God I’m
renewed.Let me bear these sweet words:
“Thank you Mama and Papa. You’re the more than the best!”
Lesson is learned! We must always
express our gratitude to the people who showed us love, care, goodness and
kindness especially to our dear parents who undergo a lot of struggles for us to dwell in a secure life. Mind you,even the unnoticeable deed is worth thanking for. Even if how
trifling it may seem, it somehow contributes to our lives. Make mountain out of a molehill. And saying “thank you”??? Make it a habit. Say it not just once, twice or thrice but a million times to someone who utterly deserves it.

No comments:
Post a Comment