There came a time when I was so hopeless and stressed with the burden of college life that I
even tend to give up. I thought it’s easy but it’s not. I failed our
quiz in MATH 17 and it left a big scar that weakened my determination. I
studied very hard for the prelim exam in the same subject and even got a
sleepless night so that I could regain the loss but after taking it, I was left with no assurance of passing. I was so
discouraged with myself and my vision of tomorrow got dimmer. I had nowhere to
go but just sit on a corner, self-pitying. I was always thinking of my mom. I wanted to
hug her and tell her that “I can’t do this anymore”. She texted me and
encouraged me that it’s not yet the end of the game and she believed that I
could make it to success. Yet, it was not enough for me to bring back my
confidence and fortitude towards the attainment of victory. All I knew is that
away from them, I couldn’t store much strength to surpass all adversities. I
wanted to go home and seek for a refuge. Indeed, I was preoccupied with such matter and filled with inferiority.
On
a Sunday, I went to church and attended a mass to lessen the harshness and
heaviness I felt inside. I was in dire need of God’s guidance, comfort, protection
and forgiveness for all my transgressions. During the mass, the psalmist sang
this line “ The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want” as well as the succeeding
verses which made me realized that I am not alone and there’s Somebody who
cares for me and stays beside me day and night in my entire life, Somebody that I sometimes forget.
Unexpectedly, my eyes went teary as
everybody sang the “Amahan Namo”. I could feel His presence that somehow gave
me the reason to hold on. Moreover, I had felt His comfort when I knelt, closed
my eyes and started communicating with Him through my personal prayers at the
same time uncontrollably shed tears all over my face. As those tears came out,
I felt like the burden within even got lighter. My heart was uplifted and my
mind was enlightened giving me the courage to get over my weaknesses. My
determination was revived.
After
receiving the Holy Eucharist, the choir rendered a series of songs that touched my emotions.
One of the songs that inspired me the most was “God will Make a Way” and here
it goes:
God will make a way
Where there seems to be no way
He works in ways we cannot see
He will make a way for me
He will be my guide
Hold me closely to His side
With love and strength
For each new day
He will make a way
He will make a way
Where there seems to be no way
He works in ways we cannot see
He will make a way for me
He will be my guide
Hold me closely to His side
With love and strength
For each new day
He will make a way
He will make a way
The good things
that happened to me during that very day did not end on that. After the mass, I met my classmate “Nicole”. She asked me “Humana ka
sa assignment?” But I answered her back with a question “Naa diay tay
assignment?” Then, she told me that we had an assignment in History 5 in the
internet and the deadline would be the following day. I really didn’t know
about it and I thanked her for the information. When I got home, I surfed the
internet, and yes, indeed, we had a quiz in History 5 through EDMODO and I able
to answer it with a grateful heart. If I was not able to attend the mass, I
will not meet my classmate and consequently get zero in our quiz. God made a way. He is really good all the
time. Thanks be to God!



No comments:
Post a Comment