Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Impact of Media #8

     Media have gripped authority over my whole existence since the day I was engaged to them. It’s undeniable that media (from television and computers down to printed materials) play great roles (from communications down to entertainment) that make them so significant in my life. It’s just that they supply me absolute satisfaction, I must say, that my world is painted blue in their absence. With media inhabiting within my sight and hearing, certain things/acts (important or not) from their influence are suddenly confined within my personality. What are these influences?
     As a teenager, I’m accustomed to indulge with the things that the modern world offer. These mainly involve a choice of fad and fashion that build “madness” within me. Media as well the persons involved in their productions have been consistently the grounds of the disclosure of the various crazes that pervade my young heart. The way I dress, fix my hair, and carry myself are partly influenced by the personalities shown in the media. My choice of shampoo, toothpaste, cologne, soap are also influenced by the commercials displayed in the media. My selection of songs and even dance steps (GANGNAM STYLE)are mainly depending on the new trends propagated of course by the media. These only comprise a small fraction of the things I brought to life influenced by the media. I’m most likely hooked up with WHAT IS NEW. In terms of entertainment, well, I’m more interested with the movies and telenovelas performed by my idolized artists rather than the computer games that others are addicted with. Watching these stuffs is my favorite past time(most esp. LOVE STORIES). Honestly speaking, it’s proven and tested that after getting much captivated by such, there’s a big possibility of emulating what has been seen. That is, whenever I watch love stories I also desire of having exactly a prince charming with the same features with that of the story because I feel that unusual SPARK that electrifies my heart (BOOM!). Perhaps, media are also the reason why many teenagers engaged to early relationships.
       Media really put different colors to my life. However, though they are of great import, they also feed the formation of bad upshots within my temperament. A basic example for this is : I sometimes go beyond boundaries and I’m stuck with a large number of wants aside from my needs because my thinking is pervaded by the media. . Somewhat, madness is in control of my everything. This doesn’t just affect me but also the people around. Thus, it’s reasonable for me to say that the information we get from the media should undergo a scrutiny whether it’s for good or bad before undesirable changes in our lives would occur that we’ll regret in the end.

4 comments: