Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Iligan: Land of Flowing Wonders


                “Having reached Iligan City is something I could consider a milestone in my life.”
                I am a living testimony of Iligan’s all-encompassing bounty and splendor. When I first set foot in this place, I thought this is no different from other overpopulated cities where you could grasp nothing but dusts in the wind. But, when I started to peruse its very soul , I was being attacked with a typhoon of good things to say about ILIGAN CITY through the magnificent natural flowing wonders that welcomed me.
                                  source:http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/180535_198967960116723_4222906_n.jpg

Few kilometers away from the city proper, I ventured the pavements towards the location of Maria Cristina Falls, situated  within the boundaries of Barangay Buru-un, Ditucalan and Maria Cristina, Iligan City. This falls is considered as “Twin Falls” because the flow of water is being split into two with a large rock that comprises its uniqueness. Seeing it for the very first time really moved my everything and stunned me completely. I couldn’t help my tongue from uttering “WOW!”  This 98-meter high waterfalls is also the source of hydroelectric power that is consumed in many parts of Mindanao.


My next encounter of Iligan’s exquisiteness was facing 90-meter high Tinago Falls with its verdant surroundings that captivated my innocent heart. Through a 100-peso ride from Buruun, I was able to arrive in such  place with a scenery that I never expected to be existing. The sounds of the water that falls breaks the solemnity of the place yet contributes to the great ambiance that everyone would love to dwell with.

 But oops, these are not the only waterfalls this city has. As far as I know there are more or less 23 CAPTIVATING waterfalls that surround the entire city.



#An official entry to the Iligan Blogging Contest 2012


                                                               

1 comment:

  1. http://incomepart.com/ref.php?page=act/ref&invcod=285196

    ReplyDelete