Thursday, March 21, 2013

12th NIGHT


Last March 8,2013, the MSU-IIT ABEO performed a stage play which is entitled Twelfth Night. It was a modified story from Shakespeare’s original masterpiece though. The play landed on a very distorted love triangle that all began from a shipwreck.

                Though the lines of the actors made me OH SO NOSEBLEED (they were in English), thanks God, I was still able to follow what was going on. Viola’s disguise as her brother which turned out to an unusual LOVE triangle was perfect because it’s the very factor that made me stay on watching. Perhaps, I’m  just a stick-in-the-mud fan of love stories that’s why I showed much interest J. It’s not the love story alone that captivated me anyway. The fighting scenes like that of Viola’s uncle and Malvolio’s “yellow stockings” part also captured me. I found it a bit funny J..Additionally, I loved the ambiance and it made me feel comfortable in my seat. The stage effects were pleasing to my senses. The sing and dance finale was also awesome.
My deep appreciation would not be completely brought out unless I will have the opportunity to dispatch everything I witnessed, from beginning up to the finale. Hence, let me just state it this way:“Everything that happened in the mini theatre was a total opposite to what I expected. I never anticipated that I would feel any aesthetic pleasure upon watching but I did. I loved the way I was hooked up by the shifting of scenes. Clarity of events?  Yes, there was, I must say. Perhaps, comprehension partly hindered the great engrossment because there were parts wherein my WHAT’s, WHY’s, and HOW’s arose. However, in totality, I appreciated it a whole LOT. The actors were students like me and I should be posing considerations as far as lapses were concerned. Thinking of 50 pesos to be in disaster is utterly disastrous. What I’m trying to say is that it all worth it, my money and time.”

1 comment: